Friday, June 27, 2008

A New Color for Post's Sake

Here it is Friday, 27 June 2008. Where does the time go? Most of my days are spent over a boiling or simmering dyepot, which hasn't been a bad thing unless it's 90 degrees out with 50% or more humidity. I'm expecting a large yarn shipment today, so there will be plenty to do.

Last weekend I spent a most enjoyable time at Eckley Miner's Village in Eckley, PA. It's now a museum, but was a coal company owned "patch" or village built for the coal miners that worked in the mine. The village was built back in 1854. It was made famous by the 1970 movie "The Molly Maguires". The movie was filmed, in part, at the village and starred Sean Connery and Richard Harris. It's worth a look if you like older films.

Back to my weekend....Eckley had one of their summer events, "Patchtown Days" and I was privileged to be asked to spin in costume for the occasion in a room located in half of the 1940's house. All the houses in the patch were duplexes. I had my own room, which I decorated with some antiques and of course socks and yarns. The front room had the quilting volunteers also in costume as they worked on a beautiful quilt that will be donated to the museum. We had two glorious days and lots of visitors. Our next event will be "Fiddle Fest" which is in July…the exact day is on the Village's website.

I've been working on some new colors. I hope you will take a look. "Being There" is a favorite of mine. I'm hoping to come up with a new sock pattern using this yarn very soon. We have also come up with a sock kit that will be perfect for the knitter on your gift-giving list….Christmas, birthdays, etc. For intermediate sock knitters looking for something different, is "Jourdaine's Sock." It uses a fingering weight for the sock and lace weight for the lacy cuff which is attached later. I came up with this pattern for my 17 year old daughter, Jourdaine. This sock truly fits her personality and style.

I've also been working on a new color called "A River Runs Through It". I'm getting close. Here's the latest version.


All for now….and I hope to be a little diligent in my posts.

Keep on knitting…Christa.

No comments: